Tuesday, March 3, 2009

in the mood for pork...



Damn does this movie suck. However, it is comical enough to sit through once, maybe even twice.

Here's about all I have to say:

This movie has some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Most shitty horror movies I've seen have actors that seem like they are really trying to succeed, but just fail miserably. There's a couple actors in this thing who don't even appear to look like they're trying. Check out Sal (I think?). The most amazingly phony Italian accent ever, but he's one of the ones who appears to be trying. I think that's saying a lot.

There's a lot of swearing in this movie, and most of it, particularly in the earlier part of the movie, is directed towards women. Pretty weird. The fat dude with the mullet wearing the pig nose is a complete douche bag and I can't believe any of these people are friends with him. Even if I was total asshole, which I try not to be, I wouldn't call a girl "bitch" ALL THE DAMN TIME for no reason whatsoever. It's one thing when this type of behavior is meant to generate audience hatred for a character; in turn causing us hope for their quick and brutal murder (see every F13), but in this movie it doesn't seem like that's the intent of his personality. I don't get it.

Being released in 1988, I'm going to assume this was an Evil Dead ripoff. Some other elements, especially the demon make-up design, seem to be inspired (or directly lifted) from Lamberto Bava's "Demons" and it's first sequel as well. I could go on and on about "Demons" but it'll have to wait.

Easily the best part about this movie is Linnea Quigley. I don't know who else could have made a scene where their character sat topless in an empty room putting lipstick all over their face and have it be this entertaining. If you do, by all means let me know.

At one point the only black actor in the film returns from a darkened room looking terrified. One of his friends says "You're as white as a ghost!". I was really pleased that no racially related joke was made here. Even in a newer movie there would be something. Hell, in the new Friday the 13th film there's a light-hearted, yet retarded exchange between two of the characters regarding race.

I really don't have anything else to say. It's late, I'm tired, and this movie hardly inspires creativity. I'll come up with something with a tad more substance next time. Once again, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the movie, so feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
21st century rocker with a multi-track mind.

Followers

tear off your face(book)