Monday, May 18, 2009

Just a quick thought on

The Midnight Meat Train.

I really have to wonder if the creators of this movie read the story more than once before making it. Aside from that, I can't imagine trying to turn a story that's less than 30 pages long into a feature film. I know it's been done effectively before (the classic From Beyond immediately comes to mind), but if you've read the story you'll know why it's a fairly big stretch to embellish a story that takes place entirely in a train car and abandoned subway terminal. The presentation of the violence and gore just didn't do it for me. I love gore, but this just played like a horror version of The Matrix. I've heard a lot of praise for this movie. I didn't find it completely god awful but I certainly wouldn't bother watching it again. As a Clive Barker fan I had higher hopes for this one. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
21st century rocker with a multi-track mind.

Followers

tear off your face(book)