Tuesday, June 9, 2009

oh, dweller of the twilight void...

so what's been going on? I guess a lot.

The dudes I've been working on starting a doom metal band with and I have worked out a song based on Lucio Fulci's City of the Living Dead aka The Gates of Hell. It's called (you guessed it...) The Gates of Hell. It's heavy as hell and about 10 minutes long. Troo Doom.

I finally got around to seeing E. Elias Merhige's Begotten. The film is currently out of print on DVD and I had to download it. Pretty damn cool movie. I like movies without traditional narrative with a story that is revealed almost entirely through symbolism and allegory. If you weren't thinking, this movie could be seen as just one disturbing and gory mess. That's what I like about it. The method by which it was filmed just makes it more creepy. If you haven't seen it, it's in black and white, features no dialogue, and was filmed over twice giving it this ghostly bizarre quality. You have to see it to know what I'm talking about.

So Thursday I'm heading down to Connecticut for the Monster Mania Convention, which begins Friday. I can't even begin to express how psyched I am for this thing. I will be chronicling my adventure upon my return, complete with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
21st century rocker with a multi-track mind.

Followers

tear off your face(book)